Director, Affiliate Marketing
Director, Affiliate Marketing /Full Time
/ March, 15, 2018 /
Under minimal supervision, responsible for providing local and national marketing support to the Distribution and Revenue Team. Involves developing, managing and executing marketing campaigns, promotions and events throughout the US and Canada, conducting analysis of marketing results, and identifying new marketing and promotion opportunities.
Department: Distribution and Revenue
Reports To: Chief Distribution Officer
· Develop corporate marketing campaigns that support sell-in of current and future product lines including Dynamic Channels, On Demand, Interactive and Platform.
· Support Distribution and Revenue team with B2B marketing materials that favorably position zone·tv content products and services.
· Materials include PPT templates, one sheets, HTML emails, sales videos and event invitations.
· Work with MVPD and BDU corporate marketing and editorial executives to partner on the creation and execution of marketing plans and media schedules. Push for cross channel and free preview support.
· Initial client focus is on Comcast SVOD’s and aligning the zone·tv content catalog with the Xfinity editorial calendar. Also responsible for administering, scheduling and evaluating X1 and other ad campaigns. Constantly looking for new ways to generate subscription gains with little expense.
· Prepare marketing plans specifically for key markets where product launches are occurring.
· Prepare and track marketing plans committed by provider agreements such as cross channel promotion.
· Identify and activate partnership opportunities with affinity groups.
· Work closely with content partners to leverage social media assets that drive awareness and consumer demand.
· Design marketing campaigns to reach the TiVo retail base through various channels.
· Develop messaging to the TiVo-based MVPDs, letting them know Dynamic Channels is available via TiVo’s direct channels with the ability to “turn on” our experience on their test boxes.
· Interact with PR agency to support unique public relations opportunities designed to raise zone·tv’s profile in the affiliate community.
· Contribute to process improvements by suggesting ways to fulfill client requests efficiently.
· Serve as an affiliate liaison to fulfill logos and images for creative materials.
· Evaluate website opportunities to identify ways to support consumer demand such as zip code tracker.
· Assist with trade show and conference planning, logistical execution, premium design and hospitality.
· Keep abreast of the competitive landscape, seeking to position zone·tv’s products strategically in all marketing materials.
· Suggest creative treatments and copy ideas for trade advertising.
· Recommend premium merchandise and special corporate gifts.
· Prepare creative briefs, analyze campaign results and create recap reports.
· Use research, analytics and intelligence to evaluate marketing campaigns and improve tactics and messaging for future campaigns.
· Represents zone·tv with professionalism and integrity.
Generally requires minimum of five (5) years marketing related experience within an agency or entertainment industry. Required proficiency in the daily use of Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Social media experience valuable. Knowledge of cable industry dynamics preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of the cable and entertainment industry.
· Sense of urgency and commitment.
· Excellent project management and follow-up skills.
· Superior communication and problem-solving skills. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Excellent relationship building, customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
· Motivated self starter, with outstanding work ethic, who works well autonomously.
· Analytical perspective and familiarity with basic research tools.
· Excellent organization skills with ability to multitask.
· Team player willing to take on last minute new projects.
· Flexibility to switch gears with little notice. Comfort with rapidly changing environment.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues.
· Ability to travel periodically.
None at this time.